Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Lori Wall-Holloway

Set Me Free

 

“Set me free from my prison,

that I may praise your name.” (Psalm 142:7 NIV)

 

My fickle heart imprisons my desperate days

as I search for something or someone to worship

Distracted by any unhealthy, toxic ways

my fractured soul desires freedom from guilt trips

 

I chase false love to fill a dark, veiled emptiness

deceit leads to betrayal and hurts even more

Burning tears saturate and fill my brokenness  

yet are unable to heal chasms in my core

 

Seeking restoration, I cry out for relief

and feel gentle kindness permeate my distress

A salve of loving truth floods me with new belief

and liberates me from a prison’s bitterness

 

As my spirit heals, I’m no longer torn apart

I willingly give God my undivided heart

 

 



Seeking Truth

 

Media bombards minds with sights and sounds

as data finds its way into souls’ depths

Is it fake information making rounds

or propaganda snuck in to accept

 

Indoctrination appears to be key

to pressure many to go with the crowd

Is deceit what they want them to believe

underlying fear secretly endowed

 

How can one be sure they are told what’s true

unless they seek valid research and source

It is good to question what appears new

respect pursuit of a life’s honest course

 

Despite flaws, we can dare to rise above

May we choose to speak truth with gracious love



 

Letting Go

 

“…I confess that I don’t always know when to let go. I cling and grasp for every last straw. I do not lay my life down willingly, and it as to be wrenched from

me - and that always hurts more...”  Ruth Haley Brown

 

I grip prized memories like a lifeline

to the past, holding on to times well spent

Demanding traditions remain enshrined

with frequent family prepared events

 

Frustrated when change unravels what’s known

confidence begins to slowly waver

Separation prevents seeds of love sown

when gathering is no longer favored

 

How can I be flexible and let go

when my grasp encircles and remains tight

I must not let fear control the unknown

but release and accept rather than fight

 

Stress and worry cannot engulf these days

Instead, I need wisdom to change old ways 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Patrick Thomas Jeffries

REBIRTH   In Lilac  thirst and  breath Love is  Life’s first  dance with Death The project  to collect   as we ad mire what the  pond   does...